Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot Password?| Admin Options
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | BayB Supplies Home

Welcome to BayB Forum!
This is a forum board where everyone can discuss anything about Parenthood.
You'll need to REGISTER before you can post your messages.
Please feel free to contact out moderator at mail@baybsupplies.net if you need any assistance.

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Professional parents Club
 Descaling Pigeon Rapid Steam Steriliser
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
AuthorPrevious Topic Topic Next TopicLock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic 

syg

Singapore
1313 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2005 :  16:19:54 Show Profile Edit Topic Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Topic
Hi all mommies out there using the above, any advice on how to descale it? i've been using it for only 1 month and there are brownish brownish stains at the bottom already. and i lost the instruction manual. aargh.
any advice?
Thanks.

PinkMonstAr

Singapore
664 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2005 :  16:31:31 Show Profile Edit Reply Click to see PinkMonstAr's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
you got to buy the citric powder from guardian to clean and steam, all the brown particles will come out
Go to Top of Page

slkoo

Singapore
729 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  09:40:36 Show Profile Edit Reply Click to see slkoo's MSN Messenger address Send slkoo a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
i normally use white vinegar to descale my NUK sterilizer.

6.12 KB

God's Grace . . . LUCAS born on 27 SEPT 04
Go to Top of Page

phibianmom

Singapore
729 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  12:28:41 Show Profile Edit Reply Click to see phibianmom's MSN Messenger address Send phibianmom a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
i am using the pigeon brand too.

the instruction manual stated to using vinegar. if i remember correctly is

Step 1 - empty the sterilizer

Step 2 - to pour 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water in the provider water continer (the purple one) into the steriliser. "On" the power and let it sterilised.

Step 2 -to pour just water into he steriliser and "on" the power and letit sterilised.

Step 3 - you can use as normal.

Phibian's mom (mingling)

Little Phibian
Go to Top of Page

Mandychia02

Singapore
400 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  13:53:46 Show Profile Edit Reply Click to see Mandychia02's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
Hi Phibian,

You got it right but just that you'll have to let the sterilizer cool down for at least 15 to 30 mins before u start another new cycle..

cheers

My Darling Princess - Sherry Chua

Go to Top of Page

syg

Singapore
1313 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  14:06:53 Show Profile Edit Reply Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
thanks all!
Go to Top of Page

PinkMonstAr

Singapore
664 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  14:45:51 Show Profile Edit Reply Click to see PinkMonstAr's MSN Messenger address Reply with Quote View user's IP address Delete Reply
I heard it is more advisable to use fruit vinegar.. like apple vinegar
Go to Top of Page
 Previous Topic Topic Next TopicLock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic 
 New Topic  Reply to Topic 
 Printer Friendly 
Jump To: 
BayB Supplies Forum© 2004 BayB SuppliesGo To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.25 sec.Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03